Friday, 30 December 2016

Let's Talk About: New Years Resolutions

Image Source
Every year I sit down in December and make resolutions for the New Year; my intentions are always good. I want to drink more water, eat healthier, to go to the gym everyday; to make meaningful changes will be a positive difference in my life. 

And you know what, I never end up seeing them through! In my experience, my New Years resolutions are generally forgotten mid February and by going back to my old habits I always end up feeling like a failure. What's worse is that research shows that only 8% of people who make New Years Resolutions stick to them... does that mean that the other 92% end up feeling defeated like I do?

Most New Years Resolutions set you up for failure; for the most part they're unreasonable goals that are hard to maintain for a few days, let a lone a whole year. Over the last few years, I've realised that I could drink more water, eat healthier or go to the gym everyday, but it's very unlikely to make me feel any happier. The beginning of the year is already depressing as it is, so why do we insist on making it any worse by depriving ourselves of the things that make us happy?

So that's why I've decided that I'm done with making New Years resolutions. Of course, I do still want to make a positive impact on my life. So my new strategy is to make daily to-do lists; this should allow me to accomplish what I want without the tons of pressure that year-round unattainable goals apply.

How do you feel about New Years resolutions? If you have made any please leave them in the comments, I'd love to know what they are. Thank you for reading,

Let's keep in touch
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Just Amara. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig